HSC Visual Arts - Tutoring & Preparation
Are you aiming for a Band 6
in HSC Visual Arts?
This course is for students preparing for the NSW HSC Visual Arts Course.
Learn from a tutor who knows what it takes to get a Band 6 result.
Enrollment in these sessions is eligible for the NSW Government Creative Kids $100 voucher.
Overview of this Art Class
This course provides small group tutoring in all of the areas needed to maximise your HSC result
- Theory & history exam skills & preparation
- Essay writing & art criticism long and short response practice
- HSC Visual Arts past papers & practice questions
- Body of work assistance
- Study plans & organising yourself
The couse is tutored by Samantha Wiltshire. Samantha achieved a band 6 in visual arts, came first in her grade and was accepted into the National Art School HSC studio intensive course.
Samantha is an outstanding role model for any young artist. She was awarded the Hornsby Art Prize Emerging Artists prize in 2017. She attended Arden from Year 5 to Year 12 (2015) and is studying a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in History)/Bachelor of Fine Arts (specialising in Painting and Drawing) at the University of New South Wales.
Main Focus will be the following:
- Artistic analysis/essay writing
- artistic vocabulary for use in exams and assignments
- exam practice and time management
- Concept building for body of work
- body of work organisation and time management
- body of work technical execution
Given that it’s a small group Samantha will be making the sessions student led. The sessions will be roughly divided into an hour for theory and an hour for prac however the main objective is to find out and address the concerns of the students individually and to focus on what each student with.
Studios Dates Times
Studio Session Type Studio Day Start
Tutor Price Notes HSC Visual Arts Tutoring Hornsby Thursday 5.00 pm 7.00 pm 25 Jul 2019 4 Samantha Wiltshire $180 4 x 2 hr Sessions
Samantha Wiltshire - Hornsby Art Prize - Emerging Artist Winner 2017