Pop Art - Art Workshop
Step by step introduction on how to paint in the Pop Art Styles of Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein
Collaborate live via video with your tutor and other students in the new Sydney Art School Online Art Studio!!
An introdution into the styles of Warhol and Lichtenstien as the foundation to create your own Pop Art self portrait using traditional or digital art techniques.
Days Times & Studios
In this course you will
- explore the history of the pioneers of Pop Art including Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstien,
- consider how to balance graphic and artistic techniques to create an individual artwork,
- develop concepts for Pop Art themed work including a self portrait.
This art class is ideal for students who want to bridge classical drawing skills with digitial techniques.
How Does a SAS Online Art Class Work?
An online art class at Sydney Art School is taught live by your tutor.
We use a market leading video conferencing system so you can see your tutor and other students in real-time. This makes your experience as close as possible to being in the class in one of our studio locations.
In the online art class your tutor will demonstrate step by step the key elements of the lesson which you will then practice. At the end of each step you will be able to show your work back to the tutor and then get feedback on what you did well and what could be improved.
At the end of the lesson you will receive a written guide to remind you of the key points and how to apply what you have learned.
Essential to Participate in the Virtual Studio
- A desktop, laptop, tablet or ios or android smartphone
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Recommended internet bandwidth minimum 600kbps Up/Down 1.5 Mbps
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
What You Will Need
- Computer with a webcam
You will also need to be able to work with a laptop or have a helper who can assist you.
- Paints (Resource kit)
- Coloured pencils
- Camera or smartphone to take and upload images