Sydney Art School Online Art Classes and Virtual Art Studio
Sydney Art School Online Art Classes and Workshops are designed to be just like a physical face to face art class. You will experience real time interaction with your tutor and other students.
What is different is that the classes are delivered via our Virtual Art Studio with your tutor using a market leading web-conferencing platform for two-way voice and video communication.
- interact with the same tutor that you see in face to face classes in real time.
- view your tutor demonstrate key learning elements step by step.
- practice what you have learnt with your tutor available to answer questions.
- show your work back to the tutor and get feedback on what you did well and what could be improved.
- learn from the feeback that your tutor gives to other members of your group.
- receive a written resource explaining key learning points to keep and remind you how to apply what you have learned.
- maximum of 12 students per virtual studio.
How Does an Online Art Class Work?
An online art class at Sydney Art School is taught live by your tutor from the SAS Virtual Art Studio. The Virtual Art Studio is based on a state of the art video-conferencing system so you can see your tutor and other students in real-time.
Your tutor will demonstrate step by step the key elements of the class which you will then practice. A close up camera allows you to see clearly the skills that the tutor is demonstrating.
At the end of each step you will be able to show your work back to the tutor and then get feedback on what you did well and what could be improved.
At the end of the lesson you will receive a written guide to remind you of the key points and how to apply what you have learned.
Essential to Participate in the Virtual Studio
- A desktop, laptop, tablet or ios or android smartphone
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Recommended internet bandwidth minimum 600kbps Up/Down 1.5 Mbps
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card