Painting for Beginners
Days Times & Studios
|Day||Time||Baulkham Hills||Hornsby||Next Course Starts||Duration||Price|
|Tuesday||12pm - 2pm||Matthew Kentmann||30 Jan 2018||8 wks||$360|
|Tuesday||7pm - 9pm||Matthew Weatherstone||30 Jan 2018||8 wks||$360|
|Wednesday||7pm - 9pm||Christina Rogers||31 Jan 2018||8 wks||$360|
|Wednesday||12.30pm - 2.30pm||Kristin Hardiman||31 Jan 2018||8 wks||$360|
|Thursday||7pm - 9pm||Kristin Hardiman||1 Feb 2018||8 wks||$360|
|Thursday||7pm - 9pm||Matthew Weatherstone||1 Feb 2018||8wks||$360|
|Thursday||7pm - 9pm||Tam Cao||1 Feb 2018||8wks||$360|
|Friday||10am - 12pm||Christine Rogers||13 Oct 2017||8 wks||$360|
3 Feb 2018
|8wks||$360|Studio Day Start Date No of Weeks Start Time End Time Tutor Price Notes Baulkham Hills Tuesday 5 Oct 2021 8 7:00 pm 9:00 pm Matthew Weatherstone $360 Baulkham Hills Wednesday 6 Oct 2021 8 12:30 pm 2:30 pm Krista Brennan $360 Baulkham Hills Wednesday 6 Oct 2021 8 7:00 pm 9:00 pm Matthew Weatherstone $360 Baulkham Hills Thursday 7 Oct 2021 8 7:00 pm 9:00 pm Krista Brennan $360 Baulkham Hills Friday 8 Oct 2021 8 10:00 am 12:00 pm Christina Rogers $360 Baulkham Hills Friday 8 Oct 2021 8 7:00 pm 9:00 pm Matthew Weatherstone $360 Baulkham Hills Saturday 9 Oct 2021 8 11.15 am 1.15 pm Matthew Weatherstone $360 Hornsby Monday 11 Oct 2021 8 12:30 pm 2:30 pm Samantha Wiltshire $360 Hornsby Tuesday 5 Oct 2021 8 7:00 pm 9:00 pm Christina Rogers $360 Hornsby Tuesday 5 Oct 2021 8 12.15pm 2:15 pm Christina Rogers $360 Hornsby Thursday 7 Oct 2021 8 7:00 pm 9:00 pm Samantha Wiltshire $360 Hornsby Saturday 9 Oct 2021 8 11:00 am 1:00 pm Krista Brennan $360 Hornsby Saturday 9 Oct 2021 8 1:00 pm 3:00 pm Michael Simms/Krista Brennan $360 ONLINE Thursday 5 Aug 2021 8 7:00 pm 9:00 pm Krista Brennan $360 ONLINE Saturday 9 Oct 2021 8 1:00 pm 3.00pm Krista Brennan $360
This is the ideal art course for those new to art or "rediscovering" their artistic side. World class tutors and structured progression is why this is the most popular art class in Sydney.
Enjoy friendly and engaging art classes where you will feel at ease while yout tutor will ensure you have the very best of advice and practical guidance in all aspects of art.
Selected Works by the Tutor
Each student is given individual guidance and a development plan. So you will find that you can re-enrol in this class and continue to develop your skills. Places in these courses are usually filled by returning students - so we suggest you call to find out what places are available.
Your tutor will work with you to understand your goals and aspirations. Once you or your tutor feel you have a good grasp of the basic skills you will be ready to move on to the "Developing Artistic Techniques" course. Some students move on to the next level after only one term. Others prefer to take it more slowly and do a few terms in the "Absolute Beginners - How to Paint" course before progressing.
Either way their are options for you to continue to develop your skills with the tutor you started with or to explore the perspectives and artistic techniques with other art tutors.
Topics covered include;
Composition, Design and Balance.
- How the human mind perceives shapes and its importance in composition.
- Lines and edges - how to use them to create tjhe foundation for your artwork
- Positive and negative spaces - and their role in creating balance.
- Light and Shade, Contrast and Tones - the important skill in progressing from a painter to an artist.
- How the human mind perceives colour and its importance in colour selection
- Overview of Colour mixing theory
- How to mix oil paints or acrylic paints
- How to choose colours that work well together
- Choice, use and care of , paints, canvasses, brushes.
- Chemistry of oil paints.
- Choice of subject matter.
- Creating an foundation drawing using pencil or charcoal.
Development of the students painting
- Choice of colours relevant to the style and subject
- Mixing colours and the colour wheel, warm and cool colours
- Initial application of colours to the student's painting
- Consideration of light and shade relevant to the style and subject.
- Practical application to the student's painting
- Framing options and considerations.
- Finalisation and critique of the student's painting by the tutor.
- Group review, discussion and advice on how to prepare the painting for exhibitions, competitions and sale.