PORTRAITURE ALLA PRIMA | ONLINE ART WORKSHOP
Portrait Painting Art Workshop
In this workshop you will learn the fundamentals of Alla Prima (direct painting) to create fresh, painterly portraits. Join other students with Tutor Krista Brennan in our SAS Virtual Art Studio.
Days Times & Studios
|Online||TBA||TBA||1||10:00 AM||Krista Brennan||$60|
Krista will take students through the fundamentals of capturing a good likeness, with underlying structure and proportion in the painterly, Alla Prima style.
Students will be provided with a reference and follow Krista’s live streaming demonstration, and will receive feedback on their work in real time. This workshop is recommended for students with at least a basic level of experience in painting and portraits.
• Structure of the face
• Proportions and relative measurements
• Children vs adult structural differences
• Capturing likenesses
• The face in perspective
• Alla Prima – painting directly
• Colour mixing
• Ultramarine Blue OR Cobalt Blue
• Burnt Sienna
• Yellow Ochre OR Raw Sienna
• Permanent Rose OR Alizarin Crimson OR Cadmium red
- Palette knife for mixing paints
- Brushes (flats or filberts preferred, rounds discouraged)
- Pre-tinted canvas (see example)
- Rag for wiping brush
- Hand/shaving mirror
If you only have Acrylic paints, please use a drying retardant to keep consistency of mixed paints.
How Does a SAS Online Art Class Work?
An online art class at Sydney Art School is taught live by your tutor.
We use a market leading video conferencing system so you can see your tutor and other students in real-time. This makes your experience as close as possible to being in the class in one of our studio locations.
In the online art class your tutor will demonstrate step by step the key elements of the lesson which you will then practice. At the end of each step you will be able to show your work back to the tutor and then get feedback on what you did well and what could be improved.
At the end of the lesson you will receive a written guide to remind you of the key points and how to apply what you have learned.
Essential to Participate in the Virtual Studio
- A desktop, laptop, tablet or ios or android smartphone
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Recommended internet bandwidth minimum 600kbps Up/Down 1.5 Mbps
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card