8 Reasons to Learn How to Draw
If you ask most people "Are you good at drawing?" more than 9 out of 10 will say they aren't.
If you then ask them "Would you like to be better at drawing?" 9 out of 10 say that they would.
So what is stopping most of us from doing something about it? Probably because we are all busy with day to day life and learning how to draw doesn't get to the top of the list.
What if learning to draw could have a positive impact on other areas of your life? Maybe it would come up closer to the top of your list. Here is a list of benefits of learning how to draw.
Maybe one of them will help to motivate you to get out that pencil and paper!
And this is one of the great things about drawing - you don't need a lot of expensive equipment to get started - just pencil and paper.
You also don't need to spend a lot of time. Carry a small notebook and pencil you can find many opportunities during a day to exercise your drawing skills, on the train, in a waiting room or while waiting for a meeting to start.
You don't need to spend a lot of money. There are many great books on learning how to draw - and if you want to go the extra step and join drawing course to get you started this is a relatively modest investment, particularly when you start to add up the benefits.
Reasons to Learn How to Draw
- Reason #1. Increase Your Value as an Employee (this used to link to an article we wrote that was accidentally deleted in a site upgrade.
- Reason #2. Improve whole brain balance and strengthen cognitive skills
- Reason #3. Art is the new Fountain of Youth
- Reason #4. See the big picture
- Reason #5. Communicate more effectively
- Reason #6. Relaxation Meditation and Therapy
- Reason #7. Avoid the "Loser's Trap (learn that mistakes are part of the improvement process)
- Reason #8. Tap into your creativity
- Reason #9. Give a special gift
- Reason #10. Learn to think laterally
- Reason #11. Make productive use of "dead time"
- Reason #12. Automatically notice details
For now most these are only headings.
Every now and then I will add a new article to the blog to explain each of the benefits.
The more astute reader will also notice that the article title is "8 Reasons ..." But that I have more than 8 listed already. Well ... this will be a living document. I may end up consolidating some of the reasons or the list may grow. Let's see where it goes.
Finally ... let me ask you a favour. If you like this article use the "Social Sharing" links to let your friends know about it. Or link to it from your webpage or blog. Or leave a comment and let me know what reason you want me to write about next.